Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rage at the University Internet


Hmmm... I am currently writing this from my bedroom in college, where I have no other choice but to use "The University of Sydney” ‘s internet.


(On a side note the university is spending $2m trying to decide if they will keep their logo, or just have text. What a waste of money)



Anyway moving on, the internet is completely and utterly SHIT. They charge us $0.02/Mb. While that may not seem that much at first, it is the same as $20/Gb. I know the university needs to charge us for internet, but come on, they made $1.2m last year of us students, while Noah White (past president of the SRC) goes on about how he got the university to give us 3 times the free cache. That amounts to ONLY $0.08 extra per day... I believe this to be pitiful. You can get a commercial internet connection with 60Gb of usage for $80 per month... that’s $0.0013 per Mb, or $1.34 per Gb. Commercial internet prices are 15 times cheaper than the university, and we call ourselves a world class university. Hopefully now I have been elected to the SRC council, I will be able to change something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

--------------- ---------------